Monday, 10 February 2014

Armature Designs

Apologise for the lack of posts over the last few weeks, I've been a busy bee with production on my film. I started my production by designing both armatures for Theodor and The Miro. I did an initial sketch of the armatures over a printed version of my characters, then scaled this initial design up to the chosen height of my models. (As shown below.)

I then sent these initial drawings to Malvern Armatures and after several emails involving alterations (including the removal of The Miro arms, which would be replaced with a wire armature) the final design was decided upon. (As shown below.)

The Final armature designs with all breakdowns are illustrated above, and the final armature designs overlaid onto my character designs are illustrated below.

I then took the Malvern Armature designs into Illustrator and designed the Aluminium Wire/K&S sections for The Miro, including rigging points. Also adding rigging points to the Theodor armature as shown below.

I will be posting photo's of the final armatures later this week, so check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment